We believe in fighting against the division of our community's past to achieve ONE Richmond. A dynamic network of social, emotional, and physical connections to facilitate an equitable distribution of power.
A thriving city built upon uniquely individual, yet interconnected neighborhood centers. In building up community individuals and institutions to provide the highest-quality of life through a world-class system of education, safety, affordable housing, regional public transportation, accessible biking and walking infrastructure, jobs, recreation, social services, mental and physical health, environment, arts and cultural resources, and public infrastructure. To make this happen, it beings with individual action and accepting one’s responsibility.
Relationship-based community organizers. Driven by the belief that inclusion and empowerment will lead to a thriving Richmond.
We're not here to supplant existing change efforts or play the role of institution, we act as a catalyst for systemic change. Our hope is that we arrive at a day where we are no longer needed.
- VCIC inclusion definition
- Sacred Heart Center empowerment
- University of Richmond’s Dr. Julian Hayter's Richmond Thriving Cities
We move Richmond forward by...
- Demanding transparency and accountability of ourselves and government
- Pursuing citizen and stakeholder collaboration that is formative to decision-making
- Improving accessibility to information
- Contributing alternatives and solutions to push decision making out of ruts and beyond the status quo
- Connecting people to other people and available resources